Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
Found this recipe in America's Most Wanted Recipes by Ron Douglas...there is already one posted but it is a little different and uses msg and this doesn't. It has a few more spices and is very delicious! Preparation time is also including the marinating and cooking time is to your doneness for grilling.
- 4 beef sirloin steaks, 1 1/2-2 inches thick about 6 oz. each
- 1 cup beer
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place the steaks in a shallow pan, pour the beer over and marinate for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Remove the steaks from the beer.
- Combine the dry ingredients and rub over the steaks.
- Let rest for 30 minutes in the refrigerator -- better if you let sit overnight or for several hours!
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill the steaks to the desired degree of doneness. I usually use my George Foreman Grill. Eat and enjoy!
I accidentally put a cup of brown sugar instead of a tablespoon (brain fart), but it made a wonderful recipe even better. Usually I have a few steaks leftover for a lunches the next day -- we ended up having to buy lunch because there was nothing left. The vultures in our home picked the platter clean.