Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
You can have a delicious full flavor cinnamon roll just like the one you get at the mall. But... without all the fat and calories. This recipe is easy and oh so delish!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees; have a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Keep the tube of crescent rolls in fridge until ready to use and you have all your ingredients ready to go.
- In a small bowl combine the sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in microwave safe bowl and set aside.
- Now, take the tube out of fridge and roll out on a cutting board. You want to flatten the dough out with your hands to make a rectangle. You don't need to use a rolling pin but you can use one if you want to make the same thickness throughout.
- Spread the butter with a pastry brush over the entire dough. Save a little butter for when you have rolled up this up after the filling is inches.
- Sprinkle the sugar/cinnamon mixture over the butter (a nice coating). Save a little for when it's rolled up.
- Starting with the shorter end, roll the dough up into a log.
- Brush the remaining butter over the outside of the log and sprinkle the remaining sugar mixture over the butter.
- With a sharp knife cut the roll into 8 slices. To do this, start by cutting the roll in half then half again until you have 8 slices.
- Place the slices on the baking sheet. You will probably still have extra cinnamon sugar mixture so sprinkle that over the cut slices.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes. Turn the pan around after 5 minutes and check after 10 minutes. They should look puffed, light brown and the bottoms will look light to medium brown as well. Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack.
- To make glaze: In a small bowl blend the powdered sugar with the milk and mix up until you have a glaze consistency. If you have a mini whisk this makes for easier mixing. You can use a spoon or small fork as well. When the rolls are slightly cooled, drizzle the glaze over each roll.
- ENJOY these yummy treats!
I made these when I saw these on your web site. They are awesome! We ate them up in like 5 minutes.