Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
I think I finally figured out the measurements for this. Came up with this years ago. My DH requests this often..Hope that you like it too.
- 4 slices challah (1 inch thick, can also use French bread if desired. Recipe is for 2 slices per person)
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter (for frying) or 2 -3 tablespoons margarine (for frying)
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 1⁄4-1 1⁄2 cups milk (or a combination of both) or 1 1⁄4-1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half (or a combination of both)
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla, to taste
- Heat butter or margarine in frying pan until hot or sizzling.
- Mix eggs, spices, vanilla and milk together.
- Blend well.
- Dip bread into milk mixture.
- Fry until golden brown on one side, turn, do the same with the other side.
- Do not fry it too fast.
- You might want to lower heat a bit after you add bread to pan.
- Serve with confectioners sugar, preserves, jelly or syrup.