1/3 Photos of Orzo With Roasted Red Peppers & Asparagus
Kozmic Blues's Note:
Quick vegan dish I threw together last night... I love orzo pasta simply prepared with margarine, salt and pepper. Since I didn't want to eat just that for dinner, I decided to add some veggies that I had on hand as well. I used a 12 oz bag of frozen asparagus from Trader Joes, thawed for 5-6 minutes in the microwave, and then chopped into 1" pieces. Trader Joe's frozen asparagus tends to become very mushy, VERY fast, so keep an eye on it in the microwave, and add it to your skillet at the last minute. Spices were kind of a mix and match. I use a mix called Sandwich Sprinkle from Penzey's Spice Company, as well as basil and thyme.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook orzo according to package directions.
- 2Heat skillet over medium heat.
- 3Spray with non stick cooking spray.
- 4Add Earth Balance margarine and garlic and cook until fragrant.
- 5Add chopped roasted red peppers and spices to taste.
- 6Reduce heat to low, add chopped asparagus and stir to coat.
- 7Drain orzo, reserving about 1 cup of the pasta cooking liquid.
- 8Add orzo to skillet, and gently mix, adding pasta water as needed.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orzo With Roasted Red Peppers & Asparagus
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.6
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 76.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
roasted red peppers