1/1 Photo of Orzo Salad With Shrimp and Double Peppers
Marietta Mary Lou's Note:
I've had the recipe for many years and it always receives raves and recipe requests. It has a tantalizing oriental flavor. Colorful, elegant, and easy to prepare. I tend to cut down on the orzo and increase more of the "good stuff".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 1 1/2 lbs cooked shrimp
- 1 sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 cup snow pea pods, blanched
- 1 bunch green onion, 1/4 ed lenghtwise and into 2 inch lengths
- 1Prepare orzo according to pkg directions.
- 3If using large shrimp (recommended), slice them in half lengthwise so there are 2 equal halves.
- 4Combine all salad ingredients.
- 5Combine dressing ingredients, whisking thoroughly.
- 6Adjust to your taste and combine with salad ingredients.
- 7Chill several hours, stirring occasionally.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orzo Salad With Shrimp and Double Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (322 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1074.4
- Calories from Fat 542
- Total Fat 60.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 478.2 mg
- Sodium 5319.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.9 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 71.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
snow pea pods