Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I've had the recipe for many years and it always receives raves and recipe requests. It has a tantalizing oriental flavor. Colorful, elegant, and easy to prepare. I tend to cut down on the orzo and increase more of the "good stuff".
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cooked shrimp
- 1 sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 cup snow pea pods, blanched
- 1 bunch green onion, 1/4 ed lenghtwise and into 2 inch lengths
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons sesame oil
- sesame seeds (optional)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Prepare orzo according to pkg directions.
- If using large shrimp (recommended), slice them in half lengthwise so there are 2 equal halves.
- Combine all salad ingredients.
- Combine dressing ingredients, whisking thoroughly.
- Adjust to your taste and combine with salad ingredients.
- Chill several hours, stirring occasionally.
Quite simply, we love this salad! It's got great flavor from the dressing, and the ingredients....how can you go wrong? My only change to the recipe was that I used frozen peas because I had no snow peas. I made this earlier today but waited out the 4 hours for chill time to re-taste it and I think it only got better and better every hour that I stirred it up and tasted. Very good salad, I will make this again! Keeper! Made for Bargain Basement tag game.