Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from "The Los Angeles Times California Cookbook" from 1981. They say this is the recipe for coleslaw served at The Original Pantry, a landmark in downtown Los Angeles.
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 head cabbage, finely shredded
- Blend together mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, and oil. Add garlic and onion powders, mustard, celery salt, pepper, lemon juice, half-and-half, and salt. Stir until smooth.
- Pour dressing over cabbage in large bowl and toss until cabbage is well coated.
Delicious Coleslaw. While we have our favorite coleslaw recipe we do like the variety trying new dressings add to our meals - we loved this Original Pantry Coleslaw dressing. I have noted we favor the recipes where the vinegar/lemon juice and sugar measures are close. Just enough different to be adding to my favorites cookbook to be made again ... and again. Thank you!
Yummy coleslaw! I halved the recipe and my DH and I enjoyed it! Thank you!