Recipe by 1 Cookin' Texan 1954
I think this was a sandwich that was originally on the menu at The Brown Hotel in Louisville,Ky.I first heard of it on a local news cooking segment.Here in Dallas we have premiere chef named Dean Fearing from the famous restaurant called "The Mansion on Turtle Creek". This is Chef Dean's "Texas" style Original Hot Brown.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup grated spicy monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 slices trimmed toast
- 1 lb sliced turkey breast
- 8 slices tomatoes
- 8 slices pre- cooked bacon
- 4 ounces grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cheese sauce: Put all ingredients in a sauce pan and cook on a low heat until cheeses are melted and everything is mixed into a smooth sauce. Remember to stir often.
- Cut toast into triangles. Put into a 13x9-inch baking dish. Arrange turkey slices on toast and cover with hot cheese sauce. Top with tomato & bacon. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 400 degrees until bubbly. Garnish with parsley.