Hot Browns (Simple)
photo by Outta Here
- Ready In:
- put shredded chicken/turkey in bottom of 13 by 9 roasting or cake pan.
- cut bacon into bite sized pieces (I use kitchen shears), and fry in bottom of a large sauce pan until crisp.
- drain bacon drippings.
- put soup and water in pan with bacon and cook over medium heat until blended and heated thru.
- pour over chicken/turkey.
- place in a pre-heated 400 oven for 25-30 minutes or until it begins to bubble.
- pour over hot biscuits or toast.
- go to recipezaar.com and give a 5 star review.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I am not familiar with "Hot Browns" so can't compare this to the other ways of making this dish, but it certainly makes my list of comfort foods! Easy and delicious. I halved the recipe with no problem. I also made it simpler by using pre-cooked bacon pieces I get at Costco and keep in the freezer. I used leftover turkey cutlets. Served on toast, but would be great on noodles, also. Made for Spring 2011 PAC game.