Recipe by bethann777
This is the recipe From Sacred Heart Memorial Hospital which is used for overweight heart patients to lose weight rapidly usually before surgery. So it is safe, and a great way to lose weight anytime!
Top Review by ivy
I made this last nite to use for the week. The only thing I changed it the 3 pounds of carrots. I only used one pound or I think it would have turned into carrot soup. It is very tasty & sustaining. We'll see how it tastes after a week. :D)
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 6 large green onions, chopped bite size
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 bunch celery, sliced bite size
- 1 large head of cabbage, small chunks
- 2 (8 ounce) cans green beans
- 2 green peppers, sliced bite size
- 3 lbs carrots, sliced bite size
- salt and pepper
- curry powder (optional) or chopped parsley (optional) or cayenne pepper, can be used if desired (optional)
- beef bouillon
- Tabasco sauce, may be added
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut vegetables in small to medium pieces and cover with water. Boil fast for ten minutes.
- Reduce to simmer and continue cooking until vegetables are tender. This soup can be eaten antime you are hungry.
- Eat as much as you want. This soup will not add calories. The more you eat the more you will lose. Fill a thermos in the morning if you will be away during the day. If eaten alone for indefinite periods you would suffer malnutrition.
- For drinks - unsweetened juices, tea, coffee, cranberry juice or water.
- The diet:.
- Day One: Eat only soup and fresh fruits, except for bananas.
- Day Two: All vegetables. Eat all raw or canned vegetables except beans, peas or corn. Eat along with the soup. At dinner time eat a large baked potato and butter. Eat no fruits.
- Day Three: Eat all the soup, fruits and veggies you want. No potatoes or bananas.
- (If you have adhered to the diet-you should have lost 5-7 lbs by now).
- Day Four: Eat 3 bananas and drink 3 glasses of skim milk. Drink as many glasses of water as you like. Eat lots of soup as well.
- Day Five: Eat the soup at least once this day. You mau jave 10-20 ounces of beef and a can of tomatoes or as many as 6 frest tomatoes. Try to drink 6-8 glasses of water to wash away uric acid from your body.
- Day Six: Beef and veggies. Eat all the beef and vegetables you want, but no potato. Eat the soup at least once today.
- Day Seven: Brown rice, unsweetened fruit juice and vegetables.Again stuff yourself and be sure to have the soup at least once today.
- At the end of the seventh day you should have lost 10-17 lbs.
- If you have lost more than 15 lbs, stay off the diet for two days.
- This seven day eating plan can be used as often as you like. If correctly followed, it will clean your system of impurities and give you a feeling of well-being as never before.
- Broiled Chicken or Fish may be substituted for the beef on only one of the beef days.
- No Nos: Bread, alcohol, carbonated drinks,and NO Fried foods.