Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Coney chili sauce
Make and share this Original Coney Island Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 0 ground chuck
- 149.68 g pepperoni, finely ground (this can be easily done in a food processor)
- 44.37 ml white onions, grated on microplane
- 14.79 ml kosher salt
- 14.79 ml light brown sugar
- 453.59 g tomato paste
- 14.79 ml liquid smoke flavoring
- 7.39 ml chili powder
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 2.46 ml celery seed
- 2.46 ml white pepper
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 177.44 ml v 8 juice
- 59.14 ml finely ground cornmeal
- Brown ground chuck in a skillet. Drain approximately half the residual oil. Add ground pepperoni and grated onion and brown for another minute or two.
- combine in kosher salt, brown sugar, chili powder, cumin, celery seed, cayenne and combine to meat mixture.
- Reduce heat and add tomato paste, liquid smoke and V8 juice and bring to a simmer.
- When chili has come to a low bubbling simmer, add cornmeal and cook low and slow for another 15 minutes.
- Ladle over hotdogs or grilled burgers. This is a welcome sauce for grated sharp cheddar cheese and minced onions, but a true Coney Dog uses classic yellow mustard and a sprinkling of onions.