Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
This is great served with rice noodles. If you can't find five spice paste it is sooo easy to make try my recipe for it.
Top Review by ohh myy its LEA
I wasn't sure when to add the paste that I set aside, so I added it towards the end of the stir fry. I also didn't know when to hydrate the shiitake (I didnt realize it until the end), so I didn't add them. In all it turned out well, but I don't know if I would make it again.
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder, paste
- 1 teaspoon tomato puree
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 250 g pak choi, shredded
- 50 g brown button mushrooms, sliced
- 50 g shiitake mushrooms (or other exotic mushroom)
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 100 g firm tofu
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix soy, tomato paste and five spice paste and leave to one side.
- Heat wok and add the oil, soften the garlic. Turn up the heat and add the choi and stir fry for one minute.
- Add mushrooms and coat with oil. When they begin to soften add the seeds and tofu and stir well.
- Cook until the tofu is warmed through and serve with noodles.