Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe comes from my Aunt. Someone from their church had sent over this dish while I was in visiting my family. We all had a fit over it. Wanted to share and have for my own reference too. NOTE: Can use Splenda in place of sugar
- 2 (3 ounce) packages beef-flavor ramen noodles
- 2 (8 1/2 ounce) packages broccoli coleslaw mix
- 1 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄3 cup white vinegar
- Before opening noodles, crush into 1 inch pieces. Open packages and set aside flavor packets.
- Place noodles in bottom of large serving bowl. Top noodles with broccoli slaw, then sprinkle with almonds and sunflower kernels, and green onions.
- In a separate bowl combine sugar, oil, vinegar, and flavor packets from noodles. Pour over slaw, cover and chill up to 24 hours.
- Toss before serving.
Great! I don't usually like cole slaw, but this was wonderful! I did use cole slaw mix instead of the broccoli and it still turned out really yummy!
This is an awesome crowd-pleaser. It is very easy to assemble. I try to make a lighter version when I fix it at home by reducing the amount of almonds, seeds, oil, and sugar.
So easy, quick and delicious! I love the different level of crunchiness from both broccoli cole slaw and ramen. I sprinkled some freshly ground pepper right before serving and also reduced the sugar to 4 teaspoons. It turned out very tasty!