24 hrs 2 mins
T. Woolfe's Note:
How do I name it? It's a Chat driven combination. Yeah RRRiiight. Fusion cooking at it's most insane, The tastes worked well together. It's another Skunk-Woolfe production
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup pickled ginger or 2 -3 inches gingerroot, sliced as thin as possible
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup mirin
- 1/3 teaspoon sugar (or if you don't have it 1/3 cup Japanese rice wine vinegar and 1 1/2 tsp sugar)
- pico de gallo (salsa fresca) or any light tasting salsa, with
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 lb of very thinly cross-grain not fatty sliced beef (Rib eye, Rump, Round, I suspect even Brisket. If you are lucky enough to have an eastern rim type ma)
- 1 -2 kaiser rolls or 1 -2 hoagie roll
- 2 -4 slices monterey jack pepper cheese
- a bit of sweet hot mustard (I liked it) (optional)
- 1Marinate the beef well mixed with the sushi ginger in a refrigerator box overnight.
- 2In a VERY lightly oiled VERY VERY HOT griddle or.
- 3One of those round hump topped Mongolian BBQ stovetop grills.
- 4Grill the meat both sides.
- 5It Will Be A Matter Of Seconds per side.
- 6Split the roll.
- 7Load the bottom half liberally with the Pico De Gallo.
- 8Pile on the still hot Beef.
- 9Top with*sufficient* PepperJack.
- 10Spread the optional Sweet Hot Mustard (not a lot as it shouldn't take over).
- 11Enjoy, I had a bottle Kirin with mine.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oriental ginger beef - Mexican hoagie
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 707.8
- Calories from Fat 246
- Total Fat 27.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 181.8 mg
- Sodium 1805.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 69.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: