Beautifully presented, these are suitable for entertaining big-wigs! (and little-wigs, too!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb crabmeat, picked over
- 1 cup canned bamboo shoot, julienned
- 18 -24 large lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine or 2 tablespoons white grape juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 lb stringless snow peas, very finely julienned
- Chinese hot mustard (optional)
- sweet plum sauce (optional)
- 1Combine soy sauce, wine or juice, garlic, and ginger in a large bowl.
- 2Add crabmeat, snow peas, and bamboo shoots to soy mixture.
- 3Mix well.
- 4Top each lettuce leaf with portion of crab mixture.
- 5Fold leaves around crab by first turning in the sides, then rolling up.
- 6Serve on plate scattered with finely chopped toasted walnuts.
- 7---Serving Suggestion---.
- 8Make a quick sauce of half Chinese hot mustard and half sweet plum sauce.
- 9Spoon in a zig-zag pattern on each plate.
- 10Place 3 rolls on top of the sauce, propped like fallen logs.
- 11Top with toasted nuts and sprigs of fresh coriander.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oriental Crab Appetizers
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 189.8
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 31.7 mg
- Sodium 990.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 18.6 g