Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
They smell so good when they are baking.
Make and share this Oriental Chicken Wings recipe from Food.com.
- Cut wings in half at the joint, discard tips.
- Place on broiler rack and bake at 400 deg. for 15 minute
- Mix the sugar, cornstarch, salt, ginger & pepper. Add liquids.
- Cook stirring constantly, over med. heat until mixture thickens. Boil 2 minute.
- Brush over wings. Continue baking at 400 deg for 35min. During baking brush soy misture on wings frequently.
First of all I will have to say the flavours are great but when I made up the basting sauce it came out like a thick smooth jelly at which point I remembered that 3 tablespoon of conrstarch/cornflour to us and with our spoon measurements is equal to 4 of yours (USA) so to much was added, but went ahead as per recipe but after the second basting or spooning the gel over the wings I decided to water the remainder down to a pouring consistency and pour over the wings and put in the oven for the last 15 minutes (they had a total of 1 hour as I only removed the tips and left the rest jointed and cook as was. The final result was finger licking juicy wings that really delivered so a word of advise have finger bowl and napkins handy, Thank you StreetChef, made for Name that Ingredient tag game.