Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Simple but tasty home cooking. Discovered in the early 70's in a newspaper insert for the Jax. FL fair. I like to make this in a 11 inch iron skillet. Also the directions call for a small can evaporated milk which Zaar will not allow. I searched on the net and found a small can to be 5 oz. hope that is the correct amount. Don't see how this recipe is oriental, but then I didn't name it...and it's still good. Hope you enjoy it.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 head cabbage, weighing about 2 1/2 pounds, shredded
- 1 bell pepper, cut in strips
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, cut in thin crosswize slices
- 1 large onion, cut in rings
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- salt and pepper
- Melt butter in large skillet; add vegetables and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add evaporated milk and mix. Remove from heat when evaporated milk is heated.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.