Prep 30 mins
Cook 24 hrs
I first had this at my sister-in-laws house. It is outstanding...Thanks Anne. Makes a great potluck dish and is a great salad for summer grilling. I've given out the recipe every time I've made it. Broccoli slaw can be purchased prebagged in the produce section.
- 1 lb broccoli slaw mix
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 (3 ounce) packages oriental-flavor instant ramen noodles, crushed up, reserve seasoning mix for dressing
- 1 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup white vinegar
- Toast almonds in frying pan for about 10 minutes.
- Stir frequently.
- Set aside.
- After almonds cool; place in airtight container.
- Combine broccoli slaw, sunflower seeds, chopped green onions, chopped red pepper and crushed Ramen noodles in a large bowl.
- In a saucepan, combine the sauce ingredients and cook just to boiling.
- Pour sauce mixture over the salad while sauce is hot, cover and place in the frig overnight.
- Next morning, add the almonds and stir.
- Place back in frig until ready to serve.
Great recipe....a real keeper. Made a reduced amount still very good. Plan on taking to my next potluck. Thanks