Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This sounds delicious. I'll have to make it soon!
Make and share this Oriental Beef recipe from Food.com.
- Brown onions and garlic.
- Remove from pan.
- Season steak strips with salt and pepper.
- Saute quickly in hot oil over medium high heat.
- Return onions and garlic to pan and stir in 250 ml water, beef stock cube and salt.
- Bring to boil, then lower heat and simmer until meat is tender.
- Add tomatoes and green pepper.
- Cover and simmer until green pepper is tender.
- Blend cornflour and soy sauce in remaining water; stir into meat mixture.
- Heat until sauce becomes thickened and shiny.
- Serve on Rice.
I will admit I had my doubts about tomato in an oriental recipe - but this dish was lovely, rich and tangy. Next time I will add maybe some bok choy or other greens...