Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This sounds delicious. I'll have to make it soon!
- 850 ml cooked rice
- 600 g steak, cut in 1 . 5 cm strips
- 400 g tomatoes
- 1 green pepper, slivered
- 125 ml onions, finely chopped
- 15 ml cornflour
- 15 ml soy sauce
- 30 ml vegetable oil
- 1 beef stock cube, crushed
- 375 ml water
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Brown onions and garlic.
- Remove from pan.
- Season steak strips with salt and pepper.
- Saute quickly in hot oil over medium high heat.
- Return onions and garlic to pan and stir in 250 ml water, beef stock cube and salt.
- Bring to boil, then lower heat and simmer until meat is tender.
- Add tomatoes and green pepper.
- Cover and simmer until green pepper is tender.
- Blend cornflour and soy sauce in remaining water; stir into meat mixture.
- Heat until sauce becomes thickened and shiny.
- Serve on Rice.
I will admit I had my doubts about tomato in an oriental recipe - but this dish was lovely, rich and tangy. Next time I will add maybe some bok choy or other greens...