Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is one of those cakes that I am always asked to bring for a party, especially a picnic. It always seems that everybody has room for it!
- Crush Oreos finely in food processor (or by hand) and press crumbs firmly into a 9 x 13 pan.
- Pour melted butter or margarine evenly over crumbs.
- Beat cream cheese in a medium bowl and then add 1/2 of Cool Whip.
- Beat together and then spread evenly over cookie crust.
- Prepare chocolate pudding mix with 2 cups milk and pour over the cream cheese layer. Let set 5 minutes in refrigerator.
- While mixture is setting, prepare vanilla pudding mix with 2 cups milk and then pour over chocolate pudding and spread evenly.
- Place cake in refrigerator to set at least 10 minutes, then spread remaining Cool Whip over the top.
- Note: I refrigerate the cake after I prepare each layer and let it sit for 5 minutes or so. It helps the layers to set so that they don't mix when you put the next layer on.
Great!!..Wonderful...my family fell in love with this treat. I am preparing it again for my son's 44th birthday per his "special request".