Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great for chasing the cold away, this recipe can easily be halved or doubled. From Good housekeeping. I hope you enjoy!
- Wash the orange in cold water and pat it dry.
- Using a vegetable peeler, remove four strips of orange peel, each 4 inches long and 1 inch wide.
- Place the strips in a saucepan.
- Pour the milk into the saucepan.
- Heat the milk over medium heat until tiny bubbles form around the the edge.
- Add the chocolate powder.
- Then stir the milk until the powder dissolves.
- Turn off the heat.
- Remove and discard the peels.
- Pour into mugs.
- Top with whipped cream or marshmallow, if you like.
This was a delicious hot chocolate recipe! It had a wonderful yet subtle orange taste!!! (Which is one of my favorite combinations!) I will be making this on a regular basis this winter.. Thanks for posting! Made for my 3 chefs 08'