Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A lovely twist on a family favourite
- 250 g unsalted butter, diced
- 250 g caster sugar
- 175 g golden syrup
- 425 g porridge oats
- 50 g walnut pieces
- 1 orange, zest of
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- Heat oven to 180c/fan 160c/gas 4.
- Butter a 28x8cm shallow baking tin.
- Melt the butter, sugar & syrup over a medium heat, stiring all the time.
- Take off heat & stir in the oats, walnuts& orange zest. The mixture should be quite soft.
- Tip the mix into the baking tin & level it off.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the edges are golden but the centre is still a little soft.
- Remove from oven & mark into 12 pieces while still warm, cutting down half way with a sharpe knife.
- Heat the marmalde with 1 tbsp of water until syrupy.
- Brush over the flapjack & leave to cool before cutting into 12.