Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I hope you enjoy this dish, which has been adapted from a friend's recipe. I serve this with rice and green vegetables. This can also be made with boneless chicken breasts, but for some reason it seems to be more flavorful using the bone-in chicken.
- 4 chicken breasts, bone in
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 6 ounces can frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon tarragon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1 -2 tablespoon cornstarch or 1 -2 tablespoon flour
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 dg.
- Brown chicken in butter and oil then place in baking dish.
- To pan drippings, saute onion until limp and stir in orange concentrate, chicken broth, tarragon, dry mustand and tabasco sauce.
- Heat and stir until sauce comes to a boil, then pour over chicken in baking pan.
- Cover and bake at 325 dg. for 1 to 1-1/2 hours until done, turning twice in sauce. If using boneless chicken breasts, cooking time may need to be decreased.
- When chicken is done, place pieces on oven- proof serving platter and keep warm Add cornstarch or flour to chicken sauce and stir constantly to thicken.
- When mixture comes to a boil and is thickened, remove from heat.
- Cool slightly, then mix in sour cream. Taste, then add salt and pepper to taste. If desired, you may add more tarragon, dry mustard and/or tabasco.
- Pour sauce over chicken and serve.