Recipe by BamaChick1066
This is a candy confection made from those sugar coated orange slice candies. My sister gave me this recipe she had gotten it from a co-worker years ago. I love to make this candy along with a few others to give as a Christmas gift. I usually start making candy a few days before Christmas because it can be stored in containers . I just have to hide it! This recipe makes ALOT of candy! One batch can be enough for many, many, gift tins. My fiance's family loves it. His brother-in-law told him to keep me in the family so he can keep getting his orange candy for Christmas! LOL! *****NOTE***** This candy WILL have partially melted little chunks of the orange slice candy in it. You may want to experiment with a 'softer' brand to melt more easily as some jellied candies have a firmer texture than others. Enjoy!!
- 1 lb orange slice candy, chopped
- 2 (12 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 2 (12 ounce) cans flaked coconut
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 24 ounces confectioners' sugar, sifted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Mix together all ingredients except for powdered sugar.
- Place in a casserole dish into oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add powdered sugar, mixing well.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper to dry.
- Let cool for several hours.
- If candy remains sticky on bottom after cooling for a while, turn the candy over with a spatula and allow it to dry.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Cooking time does NOT include drying time so make this ahead of time!
- Servings and yield are approximate.