Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I got this off of Yahoo Groups.
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 16 ounces orange slice candy, chopped (orange-flavored fruit slice jelly candies)
- 1 cup dates, chopped
- 2 cups walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Sift flour and salt together.
- Cream butter or margarine and sugar well.
- Add eggs, flour mixture, soda, and buttermilk; mix well.
- Fold in orange slices, dates, nuts, and coconut.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured tube pan.
- Bake at 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) for 1 3/4 to 2 hours.
- Remove cake from oven.
- Mix together juice and confectioner' s sugar; pour over hot cake while still in pan.
- Cool cake in pan for 20 minutes.
- Turn out onto cake plate.
- Cool completely.