Recipe by KLBoyle
DH found this recipes many years ago. Where--I'm not sure, but it's awesome!
Top Review by angelamarie5613
We had a bag of orange roughy in the freezer that I needed to get rid of so I tried this recipe. It was excellent. I followed the recipe except coated the bottom of the pan with olive oil to bake. The sauce was delicious. Will definitely make again.
- 4 orange roughy fillets
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium tomatoes, sliced about 1/4 inch thick
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Melt butter in saucepan over med. heat. When melted, stir in flour until smooth.
- Stir in chicken broth and sherry.
- Cook until thickened and stir in basil, thyme and chives.
- Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray and lay orange roughy on bottom.
- season fish with salt and pepper and layer with tomato slices. Pour sauce over top of tomatoes.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until fish flakes easily.