Prep 1 hr
Cook 45 mins
Will leave you wanting for more and more.... Its mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....just toooo great!
- 1⁄3 cup rice
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 6 -8 dates (seedless)
- 1 teaspoon orange rind
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice
- Pick, wash and soak rice in sufficient water for half an hour.
- Soak raisins in water for 15 minutes.
- Squeeze out excess water.
- Chop dates roughly.
- Finely shred orange rind.
- Boil milk in a non-stick saucepan.
- Drain and add rice to the boiling milk, reduce heat and cook, stirring continuously till the rice is soft and the milk is completely absorbed.
- Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Combine cooked rice withhoney, raisins, vanilla essence, chopped dates, shredded orange rind and fresh orange juice.
- Pour into a medium-sized ceramic or glass ovenproof dish.
- Bake the pudding in the preheated oven at 160C degrees for 15 minutes.
- Serve warm or chilled.