Recipe by Pinay0618
This luscious cheesecake has a refreshing orange flavor with a graham cracker crust that's lightly spiced with ground ginger. For a beautiful presentation, garnish with whipped cream and orange slices.
Top Review by Mirj
I made this for dessert for our 4th meal on Rosh Hashana and it was heavenly! I didn't make the raspberry sauce, instead I brushed some orange marmalade over the top. Also, I probably doubled the amount of poppy seeds, I've always been a little to generous with those babies. Thanks, this was a hit!
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 (1 ounce) bottle orange extract
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries in light syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F For the Crust, mix all ingredients in medium bowl. Press onto bottom and 1 inch up side of 9-inch springform pan. Set aside.
- For the Filling, beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating on low speed after each addition just until blended. Add remaining ingredients; beat until smooth. Pour into crust.
- Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes or until top is lightly browned and center is almost set. Run small knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cheesecake. Cool in pan on wire rack. Refrigerate 4 hour or overnight.
- For the Raspberry Sauce, purée raspberries in blender. Strain seeds from sauce; discard seeds. Stir in vanilla. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To serve, spoon Raspberry Sauce on dessert plates, then place cheesecake slices on sauce. Garnish with whipped cream and orange slices, if desired.