Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an easy cake, but taste so devine. Be prepared to be very popular where ever you take it. It is pretty so it looks like you worked a lot harder on it than you really have to. Yummy!!
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, with juices
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- Cake: Grease and flour 3 8 inch round cake pans.
- Mix cake mix, oil, eggs,& Mandarin oranges including juices.
- Pour in to prepared pans.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes (check with tooth pick) or until tooth pick is clean.
- Do not over cook layers.
- Icing: Drain Pinapple and save juice.
- Mix Cool Whip,instant pudding, and pineapple in large mixing bowl.
- Spoon pineapple juice over each layer before icing.
- Spread icing over each layer and ice cake.
This cake was really good. Very moist! It wasn't specified if the oranges should have been drained or not. I was in fits for a few minutes but then I dumped them in, juice and all. I also misread the recipe and only used 1/4 cup oil accidentally but overall the cake was great anyway. If you get around to it, submit a correction about the juice because I would really like to know if I was supposed to use it! Thanks for the recipe!
When adding mandarin oranges to cake mix, dump in the oranges with juice and all. Sorry I didn't make that clearer. Thinking about this cake is making me hungry for one!
This is a superb dessert but I have a few variations. First use 2 9 inch cake pans. Spread a small layer of orange marmalade over the first layer, then brush pineapple juice over that before frosting. You may repeat this on the top layer if desired. Once entire cake is frosted sprinkle with chopped nuts (any kind). For best results refrigerate covered over night. Very moist and nice looking cake, thanks Nancy!!!