Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
this is from a womens' centennial cookbook..
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, unbeaten
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 -3 tablespoons orange juice
- cream butter and sugars.
- add eggs and rind and beat well.
- stir in the sour cream and blend in the sifted ingredients gradually.
- add the nuts and drop in rounded tspfuls on greased baking sheet.
- bake at 375* for 12 minutes.
- ice with orange icing.
- to prepare icing.
- mix all ingredients until of spreading consistency.2-3 minutes.
This recipe has been one of our holiday favorites for many years. It is best the day or so after it's made, so I generally do it when I'm not doing a lot of other cookies -- as for a cookie exchange.