This recipe comes from a holiday catalog from Taste of Home. Reminds me of "Turtles," my dad's favorite treat!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 2 1⁄4 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 lbs whole pecans
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (6 oz)
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- In large saucepan, combine sugar, butter, syrup and salt.
- Cook over medium heat until all sugar is dissolved.
- Gradually add milk to mixture and mix well.
- Continue to cook until candy thermometer reaches 248°F, or firm ball stage.
- Remove mixture from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Fold in pecans.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a greased sheet, or sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Chill drops till firm.
- Loosen from paper.
- Melt the chocolate and shortening together in the microwave or in a double boiler.
- Drizzle the chocolate mixture over each pecan cluster.
- Allow to cool completely.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION