Recipe by nott
This is one of my most treasured recipes. Flaky refrig biscuits are filled with cream cheese, dredged in butter, rolled sugar, pecans, orange zest. Baked in a bundt pan, the loaf is inverted and drizzled with a glaze. Pull off a danish and slip into bliss.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 (11 ounce) cans ready-to-bake refrigerated buttermilk flaky biscuits
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar, pecans, orange zest.
- Separate each biscuit, (there shoud be 20 biscuts - so you will have 40 layers).
- Cut cream cheese into 20 pieces.
- Place one piece of cream cheese on each of 20 biscuit halves.
- Top with remaining biscuits halves and pinch the edges to seal them.
- Dip filled biscuits in melted butter.
- Dredge in the sugar mixture. I do have to make extra mixture sometimes.
- Stand each biscuit on it's edge in a lightly greased 12-cup bundt pan, spacing evenly, but together.
- Drizzle with remaining butter and sugar mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Immediately invert onto a wire rack.
- Combine powdered sugar and orange juice, and drizzle over the danish.
- Serve immediately.