Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is one of my most treasured recipes. Flaky refrig biscuits are filled with cream cheese, dredged in butter, rolled sugar, pecans, orange zest. Baked in a bundt pan, the loaf is inverted and drizzled with a glaze. Pull off a danish and slip into bliss.
- Combine sugar, pecans, orange zest.
- Separate each biscuit, (there shoud be 20 biscuts - so you will have 40 layers).
- Cut cream cheese into 20 pieces.
- Place one piece of cream cheese on each of 20 biscuit halves.
- Top with remaining biscuits halves and pinch the edges to seal them.
- Dip filled biscuits in melted butter.
- Dredge in the sugar mixture. I do have to make extra mixture sometimes.
- Stand each biscuit on it's edge in a lightly greased 12-cup bundt pan, spacing evenly, but together.
- Drizzle with remaining butter and sugar mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Immediately invert onto a wire rack.
- Combine powdered sugar and orange juice, and drizzle over the danish.
- Serve immediately.
We did not enjoy this at all. In fact, I had to throw most of it away because nobody liked it. It was so sweet, it made me ill.
I'm always surprised by cooks who can't read a recipe and realize what something will taste like. Of COURSE it's sweet, I've never had a savory danish. That being said I modified this recipe because I didn't want to make that much for just two people. Instead of lining up in a bundt pan I laid one package of rolls flat on a pizza sheet (round) seven outside and one in middle. I prepared the individual rolls per directions (except I used brown sugar) then baked for 17 minutes at 350F. Oh I almost forgot to mention I added some white sugar to the cream cheese before putting inside the biscuits. Anyway they came out crisp on the outside. Sweet inside and very gooey. Well worth a five rating.
I made this and everyone loved it, than made it for the office and people asking for recipe...loved it again