This is one of my most treasured recipes. Flaky refrig biscuits are filled with cream cheese, dredged in butter, rolled sugar, pecans, orange zest. Baked in a bundt pan, the loaf is inverted and drizzled with a glaze. Pull off a danish and slip into bliss.
- Combine sugar, pecans, orange zest.
- Separate each biscuit, (there shoud be 20 biscuts - so you will have 40 layers).
- Cut cream cheese into 20 pieces.
- Place one piece of cream cheese on each of 20 biscuit halves.
- Top with remaining biscuits halves and pinch the edges to seal them.
- Dip filled biscuits in melted butter.
- Dredge in the sugar mixture. I do have to make extra mixture sometimes.
- Stand each biscuit on it's edge in a lightly greased 12-cup bundt pan, spacing evenly, but together.
- Drizzle with remaining butter and sugar mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Immediately invert onto a wire rack.
- Combine powdered sugar and orange juice, and drizzle over the danish.
- Serve immediately.
We did not enjoy this at all. In fact, I had to throw most of it away because nobody liked it. It was so sweet, it made me ill.
I'm always surprised by cooks who can't read a recipe and realize what something will taste like. Of COURSE it's sweet, I've never had a savory danish. That being said I modified this recipe because I didn't want to make that much for just two people. Instead of lining up in a bundt pan I laid one package of rolls flat on a pizza sheet (round) seven outside and one in middle. I prepared the individual rolls per directions (except I used brown sugar) then baked for 17 minutes at 350F. Oh I almost forgot to mention I added some white sugar to the cream cheese before putting inside the biscuits. Anyway they came out crisp on the outside. Sweet inside and very gooey. Well worth a five rating.
I made this and everyone loved it, than made it for the office and people asking for recipe...loved it again