Recipe by Martina
As requested. Found this one is Country Woman Magazine.
Top Review by my peanut's girl
This makes a pretty tasty jam. I reduced the sugar to only 2 cups, because the pears I was using were super sweet and ripe, plus the Jello had sugar in it too. Even with this change, I found the jam was plenty sweet. If you know you like orange Jello, then you'll like this recipe (just watch the sugar!). And it looks very pretty in a jar. Thanks for the recipe, Martina!
- 7 cups sugar
- 5 cups chopped peeled fresh pears
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 (3 ounce) packages orange gelatin
Directions See How It's Made
- In a Dutch oven or large kettle, combine the sugar, pears, pineapple and lemon juice.
- Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat; simmer for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved.
- Pour into jars or containers; cool to room temperature, about 1 hour.
- Cover and let stand overnight or until set, but not longer than 24 hours.