Iranian Orange Carrot Jam
photo by Xerxes G.
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄4 lbs oranges
- 2 1⁄4 lbs carrots
- 24 ounces sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange flower water
- 1 teaspoon cardamom seed
- 1 pinch saffron
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Brush the oranges under hot water; dry them.
- Cut the zest into thin strips; blanch zest for 3 minutes in boiling water; change water; boil again; it removes bitterness.
- In a large bowl place zests in sugar; add orange flower water.
- Set overnight.
- Next day add 2 cups water and boil sugar to dissolve sugar.
- Remove the zests from liquid; set aside.
- Boil liquid and cook 20 minutes; add orange zest.
- Meanwhile finely grate carrots; add to orange mixture; cook 5 minutes;
- remove from heat; let cool to room temperature.
- On third day grind saffron with sugar; grind to a powder.
- Add 3 tablespoons hot water; pour over mixture.
- Bring to a boil a final time; skim foam.
- Pour into hot sterile jars.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p style=text-align: center;>Hi! If you're looking for grandmas recipe, it might be here .</p> 8726272"