Recipe by Courtly
"Everyone who tries this change-of-pace chicken likes it. Flavored with orange juice and orange sections, it's a refreshing dinner that appeals to all palates."
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups water, divided
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 oranges, peeled and sectioned
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, brown the chicken in oil; drain. Add 1 cup water, orange juice, onion, broth and ginger. Cover and simmer until chicken juices run clean, 20-25 minutes. Remove chickn; keep warm.
- Mix cornstarch with remaining water, stir into skillet. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Add the orange sections and heat through. Serve over the chicken.