Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 6 ounces orange juice, frozen concentrate -- thawed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon nonfat plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves, low sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried apples, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- Note that there are no are no eggs in this recipe, so these may be enjoyed by those who can't eat eggs.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Spray 12 muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, and 1/4 cup sugar together.
- Set aside. In a large bowl, beat the thoroughly thawed orange juice concentrate, oil, yogurt, and apricot preserves together.
- Stir in the apricots.
- Slowly stir the flour mixture into the liquid ingredients just until everything is moistened.
- Do not overmix.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tins.
- Mix the sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg together, and sprinkle over the mu ffins.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.