Recipe by Pepita
From the Crosby's Molasses site. These taste like moist orange-flavoured candy kisses! The recipe called for "fancy" molasses but I used "cooking molasses" (cheaper and I didn't know what the difference was at the time). I've since tried it with fancy (ie wimpier) molasses and didn't like it as much - tasted more orangey but I missed that nice dark, strong molasses-y flavour.
- 1 orange
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 3⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F Grease bottoms only of medium size muffin cups.
- Wash and quarter orange. Remove seeds if required.
- Chop entire orange (including peel) in food processor. (Easier said than done! - would probably work better if you pre-chopped your orange into eighths or sixteenths instead of quarters).
- Add remaining wet ingredients and mix.
- Add premixed dry ingredients.
- Blend together until dry ingredients are just moistened.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake at once in a preheated 375F oven until golden brown, 15-20 minutes.