1/12 Photos of Orange Marmalade Marinated Salmon, Chicken or Pork
I just love Salmon and I'd say this is my favorite to date. This has an Asian touch. Lots of flavor. I did make this with Salmon but its possibilities are endless like tuna, Mahi Mahi, shrimp, orange roughy... I bet grilled pineapple in this marinade along with the fish or meat would be great! Cooking in a basket will caramelize the fish giving it a crispness and ease in turning it and cooking in foil will keep it moist as well as ease in flipping the fish. Cooking time is up to you I like my salmon very tender so I tend not to overcook it. This is great served on white rice. Leftovers would be great on a salad. The picture here is the salmon made under the broiler.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pinch chili pepper flakes
- 2 1/2 lbs fresh salmon fillets, washed and towel dried
- fresh sliced scallion (to garnish)
- 1In a ziplock gallon size bag add first 8 ingredients.
- 2Seal and mush with hand till blended.
- 3Add Salmon and marinate for 1 hour.
- 4Heat grill to medium high.
- 5If using a fish basket or heavy duty foil, spray it with nonstick oil.
- 6Remove salmon from marinade and reserve.
- 7Place salmon into basket or foil folding tail in to make thickness even.
- 8Place basket or wrapped in foil on barbecue and grill salmon, skin side up, 5 to 7 minutes.
- 9Meanwhile bring the marinade to a boil then reduce heat to simmer till fish is cooked.
- 10Turn basket over and grill salmon until just opaque in center, about 5 to 7 minutes longer.
- 11Turn salmon out onto platter.
- 12Drizzle the reduced marinade and garnish with scallions.
- 13*To make ahead*.
- 14To freeze: Place salmon and marinade in a large freezer bag. Seal, label and freeze.
- 15To serve: Thaw in fridge and proceed with cooking directions.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Marmalade Marinated Salmon, Chicken or Pork
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 529.9
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 130.7 mg
- Sodium 1582.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 32.6 g
- Protein 61.0 g