1/12 Photos of Orange Marmalade Marinated Salmon, Chicken or Pork
I just love Salmon and I'd say this is my favorite to date. This has an Asian touch. Lots of flavor. I did make this with Salmon but its possibilities are endless like tuna, Mahi Mahi, shrimp, orange roughy... I bet grilled pineapple in this marinade along with the fish or meat would be great! Cooking in a basket will caramelize the fish giving it a crispness and ease in turning it and cooking in foil will keep it moist as well as ease in flipping the fish. Cooking time is up to you I like my salmon very tender so I tend not to overcook it. This is great served on white rice. Leftovers would be great on a salad. The picture here is the salmon made under the broiler.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pinch chili pepper flakes
- 2 1/2 lbs fresh salmon fillets, washed and towel dried
- fresh sliced scallion (to garnish)
- 1In a ziplock gallon size bag add first 8 ingredients.
- 2Seal and mush with hand till blended.
- 3Add Salmon and marinate for 1 hour.
- 4Heat grill to medium high.
- 5If using a fish basket or heavy duty foil, spray it with nonstick oil.
- 6Remove salmon from marinade and reserve.
- 7Place salmon into basket or foil folding tail in to make thickness even.
- 8Place basket or wrapped in foil on barbecue and grill salmon, skin side up, 5 to 7 minutes.
- 9Meanwhile bring the marinade to a boil then reduce heat to simmer till fish is cooked.
- 10Turn basket over and grill salmon until just opaque in center, about 5 to 7 minutes longer.
- 11Turn salmon out onto platter.
- 12Drizzle the reduced marinade and garnish with scallions.
- 13*To make ahead*.
- 14To freeze: Place salmon and marinade in a large freezer bag. Seal, label and freeze.
- 15To serve: Thaw in fridge and proceed with cooking directions.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Marmalade Marinated Salmon, Chicken or Pork
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 529.9
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 130.7 mg
- Sodium 1582.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 32.6 g
- Protein 61.0 g