Lisa's Salmon Ricotta Broccoli Linguini
photo by Lisa in Canada
- Ready In:
- Brush salmon fillets evenly with lemon juice, and bake for 10-20 mins (depending on thickness of fillets) at 400 F, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Let cool slightly, and crumble fish into bite sized pieces.
- Meanwhile, put ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, milk, garlic and pepper into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Then pour into a saucepan over low heat until warmed (do not let boil.) If sauce seems too thick, add small amounts of milk until it reaches desired consistency.
- Steam broccoli chopped into small pieces until just tender, and stir into cheese sauce.
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water until el dente.
- Toss pasta and cheese/broccoli mixture until well mixed.
- Gently stir in salmon pieces, or if desired, sprinkle on top of individual plates before serving.
- Serve Immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was a nice, simple combination of great ingredients that went really well together. I did find that the cheese sauce got sucked up very quickly by the pasta and kind of vanished, leaving just a few curds - I would want to double it next time, I think. I also cooked the broccoli by dumping it in with the pasta just before the pasta was done, to save a pot. I used leftover salmon, which worked fine. I would also be inclined to add some herbs for a livlier flavour. Still, this was a very satisfying supper which we enjoyed.