Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
An easy, change of pace recipe that tastes great! For a quick week-day dinner, I like to serve it with rice and a salad.
- 4 chicken breasts or 4 chicken thighs or 4 chicken drumsticks
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Lightly flour chicken pieces.
- Brown well in butter in frying pan.
- Mix together marmalade, water, curry powder, salt and pepper.
- Baste chicken well with this mixture.
- Pour remaining mixture into frying pan with chicken.
- Cover and cook for 30 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Remove cover for the last 5 minutes of cooking.
Very Good, Very Easy Recipe. Thanks u so much.
I added more curry and used on chicken tenderloins. It was a very good and healthy alternative to Chinese Orange Chicken. I served over rice and it was delicious!
I like the orangy flavour to this. In fact, I added a drop or two of orange extract!! The curry was a little weak though. Certainly up it the next time. Glad you posted this Denise in da Kitchen