Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love asparagus and am always looking for new ways to serve it.
- 2 lbs fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 orange, zest of
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Arrange the asparagus in a shallow dish. Combine the orange juice, orange zest, sugar, ginger, and soy sauce and combine well. Pour over the asparagus, turning to coat the asparagus well.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours or longer, turning occasionally.
- Drain, reserving the marinade.
- Arrange asparagus on a baking sheet and broil for 5 minutes or until tender-crisp ~ do not overcook.
- Heat the reserve marinade in a saucepan over high heat until reduced by half, stirring frequently.
- Pour over the asparagus on a serving platter.