Steamed Lime-And-Pepper Chicken With Glazed Asparagus
A quick, heathy and simple chicken recipe from Kangaroo Island, Australia. WINE Marry these tart and sweet flavors with the crisp, fruity 1998 Coriole Sémillon-Sauvignon Blanc from Australia or the 1998 Cloudy Bay Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand.
- Ready In:
- 2 limes, sliced paper thin, plus
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1 lb medium asparagus, cut into 3-inch lengths
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Line a large steamer basket with the lime slices. Add the chicken breasts in a single layer and season with salt and pepper. Steam the chicken until white throughout, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt the butter. Add the balsamic vinegar and sugar and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Add the asparagus and water and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the asparagus to plates. Spoon the sauce over the top. Thickly slice the chicken breasts crosswise, arrange on the asparagus and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Mmmm, a must for lime-lovers! I steamed chicken breast tenders in my microwave steamer for about 8 minutes, this allowed me to have the whole thing ready in pretty quickly. The asparagus was pleasantly sweet and paired well with the tangy chicken. I cut back the butter to 2T and it seemed like plenty. One note, the ingredients mention 2T of fresh lime juice but the directions don't mention where/when to add it... Made for ZWT5.Reply