Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
Recipe from Cooking Light magazine. Shrimp skewers may be grilled on an indoor grill pan. Prep time does not include marinating time.
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice (about 2 oranges)
- 2 tablespoons green onions, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons orange rind, grated
- 1 red chili pepper, minced (optional)
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 oranges, peeled and quartered
- cooking spray
- Combine first 9 ingredients in a bowl. Add shrimp; toss to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from dish, reserving marinade. Thread shrimp and orange quarters alternately onto each of 8 skewers (8 inches in length).
- Heat large grill pan, coated with cooking spray, over medium-high heat. Cook skewers 4 minutes on each side or until done, basting with reserved marinade.
Delicious and easy. Lots of flavors but delicate and light. Perfect summer dish
We love shrimps, this recipe is delicious and full of amazing flavors. We really enjoyed the fact that you could taste all the flavors in the marinade in the shrimp, basting them with the marinade takes it over the top. Quick and easy to make with terrific results. Thanks for sharing another winner Nancy. I will be making this one again with collosal shrimps, can't wait.