- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 oranges, rind of, grated
- 1 cup pecans
- 2 tablespoons margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat milk in double boiler.
- Caramelize 1 cup sugar in deep heavy saucepan.
- Stir in orange juice and hot milk.
- Stir in remaning sugar and orange rind.
- Cook, stirring often,to soft ball stage.
- Remove from heat and add margarine.
- When cool, beat until creamy and stir in nuts.
- Pour outon greased platter and cut into squares.