Orange Creamsicle Swirl Fudge
photo by Doods
- Ready In:
- 3 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, divided
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 12 ounces vanilla chips
- 3 teaspoons orange extract
- 12 drops yellow food coloring
- 9 drops red food coloring
- 7 ounces marshmallow cream
- Grease 13x9-inch pan with 1 1/2 teaspoons of butter or margarine.
- In heavy saucepan, combine sugar, cream, and butter. Stir while cooking on low heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to boil while stirring, 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in chips and marshmallow cream until smooth. Set aside 1 cup of this mixture. Add orange extract and food colorings to remaining mixture; stirring until blended.
- Pour into the greased pan. Drop the remaining 1 cup mixture by tablespoons, over the top; swirl with a knife.
- Cover and chill until it has set. Cut into squares.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This recipe is wonderful!! I have 5 other batches of different kinds of fudge made for Christmas and to me this flavor is best. To keep the orange extract from having an alcohol taste, add it after mixture has been removed from heat but still boiling. It will bubble up some but sure makes for a better flavor. After it set up and was sliced, I made balls out of 2 of the rows of squares and covered them in dipping chocolate. Left the rest as they were. Very happy with this recipe. Thanks so much for sharing!!
this fudge is awesome! Very creamy... If you like dreamsicles...oh man is this stuff good! I have been making it for several years now and it is one of the most popular treats on my Christmas cookie trays. I also have substituted raspberry flavoring and the no taste red food coloring and it turned out great.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hey there!~ My name is Crystal. I am 19,and living in Florida. I really love to cook,& bake all the time for my family.I just get so much enjoyment out of it! There is just something about the great aroma throughout the house when you bake something,creating special memories in the kitchen! A little more about me: I am a strict vegetarian,(almost vegan!,heh)but of course my whole family is not,so I cook just about anything! Other than cooking-I like to read,surf the net and create art. My favorite websites are: www.ebay.com & www.witchvox.com (I'm wiccan) Of course,the Zaar has become my favorite website! I love how friendly the people are and how interactive this place is!