Recipe by Tish
I find it's easier in the morning if I have something easy to make for breakfast. These take all of 5 minutes to assemble and about 10 minutes to cook right out of the freezer. (Great served with orange syrup)
Top Review by Terri Newell
This smells so good when cooking! I added the zest of the orange, as the other reviewer mentioned, to add even more of that citrus flavor. My slices of French bread were about 5 inches by 3 inches, 3/4 inch thick, and there was only enough liquid for six slices. Maybe I let them soak up too much? I will try this recipe again for sure!
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 12 slices French bread
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat together eggs, orange juice, vanilla, sugar, and salt. Dip bread into egg mixture, coating both sides. Place bread on baking sheets; freeze just till firm.
- Wrap and return to freezer.
- To serve:.
- Place bread slices in well buttered shallow baking pan. Melt butter and drizzle over bread.
- Bake at 500F for 5 minutes.
- Turn and bake till golden, about 5 minutes more.