Recipe by Connie Lea
Light, fluffy, cool refreshing dessert I got from a friend at work. I sometimes substitute raspberry jello and raspberry sherbet for the orange. You may also used real whipped cream in place of cool whip. Time doesn't include time needed to set up in regrigerator.
- 2 (3 ounce) packages orange Jell-O
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pint Orange sherbet
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1⁄2 angel food cake
Directions See How It's Made
- Add two packages jello and 3 tablespoons sugar to 2 cups boiling water.
- Stir until dissolved, then cool to lukewarm.
- Add 1 pint orange sherbet and cool whip to jello mixture.
- Pour half of the orange mixture into a 9x13 greased pan.
- Break up half an angel food cake and put on top of orange mixture in pan.
- Pour rest of orange mixture over top. Refrigerate until set.
- You may put mandarin orange slices on top.