Recipe by Dottie5
I had a recipe for a salad similar to this made with lime jello but got tired of that (after many years)so I juggled it a bit and came up with this. It is delicious and goes very well with roast ham, turkey, etc. It gives any meal a nice "zip"!
Top Review by Jockey
This was good. I used whipping cream instead of Cool Whip and oranges but I think I might just use the mandarins next time. I cut the orange sections into small pieces but the skins kind of got in the way. Maybe the oranges I used could have been better. But all in all it was good and enjoyed by the crew!
- 1 package orange gelatin
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 2 oranges (not mandarin-no zest)
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Add 1 Cup boiling water to gelatin and stir until dissolved.
- Add 1 Cup of the drained pineapple juice to this and let it partially set.
- Add cream cheese to gelatin mixture with mixer.
- Add pineapple and oranges (sectioned and sliced) and zest to CoolWhip and fold in.
- Fold this into the gelatin mixture.
- Put this in a pretty bowl and chill.
- It is just fine if you make it the day before you serve it.