Prep 15 mins
Cook 1056 hrs
From a grocery store flier.
- Wash and dry the orange thoroughly.
- Using the sharp end of a paring knife, prick the skin of the orange all over.
- Insert the 44 coffee beans into the orange.
- Place the orange in a 1 1/2 quart canning jar.
- Add the sugar cubes and vodka.
- Close the lid making sure the cover is tight.
- Turn the jar upside down.
- Shake for at least a minute or two to help dissolve the sugar.
- Store in a cool, dry spot away from the heat and moisture of a kitchen.
- Each day, shake the jar until the sugar is totally dissolved.
- Allow to set for the entire 44 days until the vodka turns to a pale lovely orange color and has a coffee-orange fragrance.
- To use, remove the orange and coffee beans. Strain the liquid through a fine-meshed sieve into pretty clear bottles or a clear glass decanter.
- Serve in small liqueur glasses at room temperature or slightly chilled. You can also add it to white wine. Makes a nice accompaniment to winter fruit or fruit compotes or alone as an after-dinner drink.
was this worth the wait. smooth delicious liquer does not even come to store bought, much better. the combo of coffee and orange is wonderful!!!!