Lemon Yogurt Cheese over Summer Fruit
From a grocery store flier for National Dairy Month. Cook time is the refrigeration time. When I made mine, I made the mistake of using a blended yogurt and very little separated out. It still tasted good, but next time I'll make sure I pick a brand that separates better.
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 10mins
- 2 cups reduced-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 -3 cups fresh fruit, cut into bit-sized pieces
- Set a strainer lined with cheese-cloth or a coffee filter over a large bowl. Place the yogurt in the strainer, cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate 6-24 hours. Yogurt will thicken and liquid will drain into the bowl, leaving about 1 cup of yogurt cheese in strainer. Discard liquid.
- Whisk yogurt cheese, sugar, lemon zest and juice together in a small bowl. Let stand 10-15 minutes or until sugar dissolves.
- Divide fruit among 4 dessert bowls or plates. Top each with 1/4 cup of yogurt cheese. Garnish with lemon zest or sliced almonds if desired.